Friday, February 3, 2012


WHAT I WOULD GIVE?

A HOMELESS PERSON'S PLEA

By BONNIE LANE

What I would give to have a home of my own
with a picket fence!
I am tired of sleeping on this park bench!
What I would give to be able to buy new clothes!
I am tired of these used rags
and shoes walking out of their soles!
What I would give to be treated like
everyone else!
Instead of laughed at or ignored
as a bum or a wreck!
I would give everything I am
just to have enough!
I am not greedy
I don't need it all
just to have enough to live comfortably.
What I would give not to eat my meals in a soup kitchen!
but to prepare my own feast!
What would I give for all these things?
I would give everything I am.
I am not greedy.
I don't need it all
Just enough to live comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment